The screw compressor is by far the best supercharger available today; it’s the only supercharger to provide a positive displacement design for maximum low-end torque as well as high efficiency for maximum top-end horsepower. No other supercharger in the world can offer the same unique benefits. Centrifugals and turbos have tremendous lag time during shift points, on-off throttle and off the line boost. Roots-type superchargers have been proven to not be very efficient, especially at higher boost levels. Whipple Superchargers has a variety of screw compressors for all types of applications, anywhere from a 100 cubic inch compressor to the 510 cubic inch compressor. Whipple also has a wide assortment of drive lengths, pulley combinations and bypass valves for all types of applications.
EXCLUSIVE NEW FEATURES
- Manufactured in the USA
- Comparison data shows a significant improvement (W140ax-Green) vs. the previous generation 2.3 liter (Blue) on back-to-back testing.
- Superior noise level in comparison to previous design, virtually noise free operation.
- High flow rotor coating for increased efficiency and increased durability.
- Increased bearing lubrication for lower operating temps and increased durability.
- Serviceable supercharger, replaceable and upgradeable component design.
- More robust design, double angular front bearing and sealed roller rear bearing for improved reliability.
- Oil sight glass for proper oil level inspection.
- 100,000 mile oil change intervals.
WHAT SEPERATES THE WHIPPLE FROM THE COMPETITION
- Positive displacement twin screw design has the highest efficiency of all superchargers including roots and centrifugal
- Higher efficiency means more power at all rpm levels
- Unique Whipple twin screw design provides the largest power gains across entire rpm range
- Latest screw compressor rotor profile designed today, offering superior flow vs. efficiency vs. physical dimensions
- Conformal rotor coating for increased performance
- Lowest tolerance level of all aftermarket positive displacement superchargers, offering the highest quality
- Low tolerance levels increase performance across entire rpm operating range
- Double angular front bearings for superior strength and durability
- Rear roller bearing, with double seal for superior durability
- Precision cut helical gears for precise rotor clearances, for superior performance and low noise levels
- Rear bearing out design for increased clearance for packaging restraints
- Serviceable and upgradable design for superior longevity
- Similar screw compressor design as the Ford GT supercar
- Similar screw compressor technology that Mercedes has utilized on all their latest vehicles including the 600hp McLaren SLR, E55AMG, S55, CL55, SLK32 and SL55
- Dyno proven to produce more horsepower and torque than any other supercharger throughout the entire rpm range
- Industry leading near-zero noise levels (db)
- 100,000 mile oil change intervals
- Marine approved rotor coating
- Unmistakable industry leading fit and finish
- True technological leader in supercharger industry
Results 1 - 2 of 2